Thursday, September 08, 2011

Make-It Mondays: The Haunted Curio Cabinet

I absolutely LOVE Halloween!   We don't do the weird, gory, really awful stuff....just the fun with a little creepy. :) I have several Halloween decor pieces that I've made over the years and now I've created a new one that I'll be teaching as a class! (click on the photo for a larger view)

The Haunted Curio Cabinet
Saturday, October 1st 2-5pm
Crop, Paper, Scissors in Waco, TX
$35

Class Description and supplies:

It's Halloween, the moon is bright,
The skeletons are out tonight..
Trick or treaters all around,
Spooky creatures can be found!
Make your Halloween decor extra spooky this year with this Haunted Curio Cabinet!   The 12" piece has a glass door and lots of nooks and crannies that we'll fill with plenty of creepy Halloween goodies.   You'll learn lots of new techniques as well, including custom-dyed bottle brush trees, creating dimension, and even a lighted lady portrait.  (yes, I do believe her eyes are glowing!)  Come join me for an afternoon of eerie fun!

Students need to bring to class:  Paper trimmer, ruler, pencil, good scissors (micro tip, if possible), strong clear-drying liquid glue, Xacto knife, brown and black inkpads (in as many shades as you like).  EVERYTHING else is provided!


Come join me for this fun class!   You can sign up by calling the store (http://www.croppaper.com).  Hurry because space is limited!

3 comments:

Grace said...

what a great class. Wish I could come! Grace

Cindy said...

Even thought I don't have little ones, this is just sinkin cute and I do love Halloween...I'm hoping I can take the class. You always do the coolest stuff!

c

Katherine said...

Oooh if you have any leftovers I would totally love to buy a kit!!! I can't get to Waco that weekend because Punkin has a gym meet in Pharr (near Harlingen & McAllen).

Have a wonderful time in Waco!